Five Genres

Five Genres

Sunday 17 April 2022

Moving Along

 When I first started working on The Phoenix Imperative, almost 12 years ago now, I needed to put a fair amount of work into setting things up before I could even do the first in-game screenshot.  The same is true this time around, for working in Daz Studio.  I need to build myself a visual reference library for all of the poses I have, see what scene/setting resources I have that I can use, as well as what is available and I can get at a later date, including suitable outfits, props and figures.  This is almost the exact same thing I needed to do before for doing the work in Fallout 3.  I also have to redo most of my story notes, as a number of story elements are different (no Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave, for instance).  I am also running some story changes through my head, mostly involving the introductions of both Cameron and Bridget.  Some changes are also needed with some of the other characters, to maintain some plot consistency with them.

For example, even though no one seemed to notice originally, Maeva's part in the story actually changed a fair bit, in the small number of episodes I released.  She went from being someone that was a mercenary bandit, to a member of an organization with grand and dark designs for the Wasteland.  I guess I managed to make that a rather smooth transition story-wise, thus no one noticing, but it is still a rather jarring shift to me.  This time around, I aim to avoid that sort of thing.  I guess we will eventually see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment