Five Genres

Five Genres

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Moving into Modding with the Cameron Companion

Over the last little while, I have been thinking about redoing my Cameron companion, mostly hoping to make her with self-contained resources to make her less dependent on other mods for a public release.  This came about for two reasons.  First, I want the experience in creating characters with self-contained resources so they will be more stand alone and eventually have some custom stuff.  Secondly, since I plan on the public release including the Nexus, I don't want to have to worry about the loss of access to a dependent mod, something that is currently an issue with the current build of Cameron, as well as Herculine's RR Scouts.

I have also wanted to make Cameron bring more of "The Phoenix Imperative" to other people's games than just Cameron herself.  I have believed for a while now that her home in the comic, the Surface Monitoring Station, would be the perfect place for people to find her, just like Bridget did.  To that end, I finally tried contacting the author of that mod, Voza, and asked him about his future intentions with the mod.  There have been no updates in about a year, nor has Voza himself made any comments on the mods thread since December of last year.  I believe that makes the mod a dead one.  If there are no future plans for the mod on his end, I am hoping he will give me permission to take the mod over.  With some work, it can become a part of Cameron's world in other peoples' games, allowing them to, if they wish, begin there own adventures in The Phoenix Imperative!

No comments:

Post a Comment