Five Genres

Five Genres

Sunday 15 May 2011

Umm, Oops

So apparently I really need to pay more attention to proof-reading and spelling in things I publish publicly.

I have recently made a change to the blogs title, adding on the name of the comic.  You may or may not have noticed, but one reader did notice, and was kind enough to point out the fact that I spelt "phoenix" incorrectly.  The e and the o were in reverse order.  And it is probably spelt that way throughout the blog, and everywhere else I've mentioned it >.<

Its a wee bit embarrassing, but I'll live.  Thanks again Michael!

In other news, we have a gentleman on the Nexus named vancleef (yes, not capitalized) to thank for the idea of my using guest stars in "The Phoenix Imperative".  Just to make it an almost complete sharing of characters between the two of us, my character and star of my story, Cameron, has been converted to a companion and will soon be ready to get shipped off to vancleef for use in his adventures of Silas Caine.  And those stories have turned out to be damned good, in my opinon.  Hope my story turns out to be half as good :)

6 comments:

  1. See, I would've simply said that the alternative spelling was intentional and let it go. A way to keep the title original, or perhaps some indication of how the language in the post-apocalyptic world has been degraded.

    But hey, honesty is okay too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you're saying. I think language degradation for words like that would probably end up being phonetic in nature, so phoenix would end up as fenix. Its logical, but given "fenix" happens to be the spelling used for the last name of the "Gears of War" character, Marcus Fenix, I think I'll stay away from it for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, the spelling makes perfect sense; you just have to remember that a decent portion of English as we know it has roots in Latin and Greek.

    See, that's the problem with you kids, today. You don't appreciate a good two millennia old spelling. With your newfangled acronyms and LOLSpeak and cats wanting fast food.

    CON SARNIT! and so forth. This is where I'd normally say something Latin, but unfortunately I'm not pretentious enough to have actually learned the language enough to even be conversationally fluent. Laziness wins again, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Looks around slightly confused* Are you talking about Herculine, Nos? I know you can't be refering to me as a kid. Not unless you are in your late 60's or older, then I'll let it go.

    Oh, and "Inservio ergo sum" is our latin for the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say you're only as old as you feel.

    Most days, I'm in my late 2470's.

    ReplyDelete