Five Genres

Five Genres

Saturday 28 May 2011

The Phoenix Imperative First Teaser

Alrighty then my faithful readers...I have faithful readers, right?  Anyway, its getting closer: the release of the first episode of "The Phoenix Imperative" isn't as much a dream in my head as it was a few months ago.  I started working on a prelude episode earlier this week, but I put it on hold temporarily, pending on whether I will be getting a newer computer system or not.  While I am impatiently waiting to find out, I decided I should get started on the promotional strips for the story.

So, early Friday evening, I sat staring at a map of the DC Wasteland, trying to figure out where might be the best places to find the images that I was looking for.  A number of sights I wanted to look at I haven't even been to during this play through.  So, off I sent Cameron trudging through the wastes to reach the desired locations.  I'll tell you, location scouting in a post-apocalyptic wasteland requires more body armour and better firepower than in the world we are all used to dealing with every day.

I managed to reach the locations I wanted, finding some better choices than others, as well as finding choices that I wasn't even looking for.  For example, the screenshot with the Deathclaw, is from the second random Deathclaw encounter within a few minutes of each other.  When this one attacked, I toggled on the video capture and let it beat on Cameron for a couple of minutes (hurray for "tgm").  Finding just the right shot in the video took a bit of time.  Next I edited the screens, making only minor adjustments to the script I had written out for it, then stacked them together.  Voila!  You now have before you the first advertisement for my story, "The Phoenix Imperative"!

I hope it whets your appetites for more ;)

2 comments:

  1. I know how difficult it is to get good screenshots, but I can see this is going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Herculine! It helps this project along knowing that there are people excited about the story. The enthusiasm from you and the others I've heard from is infectious on my end. It helps provide some much needed encouragement when I hit a rough spot :)

    ReplyDelete