Five Genres

Five Genres

Sunday 8 May 2011

The Story So Far

Ok folks, here is where we stand.  I now have eleven episodes outlined, and another one "under construction", so now I move on to scripting them.  There are also two "promo" ideas rattling around in my skull, as well as an introduction strip.  I need to do some more thinking on them before I will commit to anything there.

I have also decided on grouping the episodes together in either chapters or books, not sure which to call them, but both lables more or less end up being the same thing for now.  If nothing else, using a sub-title to section off the story will help me focus on an individual theme, as well as give you readers a hint about what's to come in the short haul.  As a teaser, I'll tell you that the first two books/chapters are currently entitled "The Pheonix Imperative: Rude Awakenings" and "The Pheonix Imperative: Past Tension".  Obviously, the name of each part will begin with the overall story title.

I think I have all the poses available to me visually referenced now, including Lost Riders updates to his Slave in Pose pack.  The mod included a visual reference of the first 83 or 84 poses, but it wasn't updated along with the mod.  No big deal, I have to learn what these things look like anyway.  Under the heading of "Too Much Information", I used Satanslilhelper's Susurrus for the references, and found that to be a little more arousing than I cared for *ahem*

That said, I have also started practicing with setting up poses, angles and editing the screenshot.  Four of my recent works are posted on the FO3 image share, and I'm going to eventually get around to creating an image area here for non-Nexus members to view.

You folks are getting closer to seeing the first episode, but I still have a way to go before it gets posted.

7 comments:

  1. Although I know that the humore aspect of the screenshots you posted on FO# is not the actual direction your comic will be taking, they were still really good. My only comment was about the text trying to disappear into the background a bit. Other than that, great job. Really looking forward to the comic(s), bud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michael!

    Yah, I was a bit iffy on the text myself, even adjusted its positioning a few time. Probably could have changed the text colour to make it easier to find. I don't have my usual photo editing software on my laptop right now, and the editor I ended up using didn't have the option to put in any speach/thought bubbles. I'll see about correcting that before the next uploads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious: which image editing software do you use?

    I generally use the GIMP myself; but I mostly use it to edit dds files, and only usually do images in the form of converting screenshots to jpg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the last several years, I have been using MGI Photosuite. It has generally been able to do what I need it to. MGI was bought out by Roxio a number of years ago, and incorporated Photosuite into its Media Creator. Roxio's first couple of integrations didn't really impress me. They actually neutered Photosuite. They have since brought the Media Creator version closer to what Photosuite was...about 10 years ago.

    After putting in my new hard drive a while back, I forgot to re-install MGI and ended up using Roxio's version. I can't say that I'm all that impressed with it. And its not going to give me the flexability I will need for editing the screenshots for the comic.

    I can get my hands on a copy of Photo Shop, though, so I think I will install that and see what I can do for the next images I want to post.

    I have GIMP, but like Blender and Nifscope (not to mention the GECK), I need to experiment a lot more with it. Especially since I might have to do some "set construction" (read: modding) for some future issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIMP is a good one, but I also like Paint.Net. And it's totally free.

    Each one has features and abilities that the other does not, so I alternate between them.

    http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Paint.Net credited by some of the screen shooters in the Nexus Image Share. I guess with your posted link staring me in the face, I should go and take a look.

    Thank you Herculine :)

    ReplyDelete