Five Genres

Five Genres

Friday 8 April 2011

Initial Update

Alright then, lets get down to it, shall we?  Below is the initial update that I posted to my Nexus friends that expressed and interest in the project.



April 7, 2011

No actual title yet, but what is on the subject line shall work for now.

Since having initially mentioned the comic idea, I have managed to get a few things thought out, at least initially. It will be set in the Fallout world, of course (well duh). I have been working mostly on story elements, as opposed to actual story line, and there are a few sub-plots involving some of my favourite companions being worked on as well.

Speaking of plots, the use of Fallout 3's main quest is something that has me scratching my head, so to speak. It would give many readers a solid point of reference to the story, but might leave others thinking "Oh great, another re-write". It is all still being planned, so I guess it doesn't matter at the moment.

I plan on this story being rather lore unfriendly. Much of what is sitting in my head are things I wanted to use in a table-top version of Fallout, and I was drawing from a number of different sources at the time. The history in the game will be modified to allow my story elements to be included.

Invitations for guest appearances of fellow Nexus members' characters will be sent out once more of the work has been completed.

The main character will be my android named Cameron. She was my initial attempt to make a character based on Summer Glau's terminator character of the same name, from the TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. I later found the Terminator: Cybernetic Dawn mod on the Nexus, and was actually able to do a Summer Glau character.

Anyway, as an android, Cameron has an advanced Artificial Intelligence that allows her to think, behave and feel like a human being. Once she finds herself in the Wasteland, she is horrified at what she finds. Humanity is fighting for simple survival, and Cameron vows to bring them peace and security. The story chronicles her attempts to achieve this, as well as the run-ins with others' attempting to prevent her success.

That's sort of where things stand at the moment.  Feel free to ask questions, comment or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment