Five Genres

Five Genres

Saturday 9 April 2011

In Negotiations

Ok, the post title isn't entirely accurate, but its close enough for this post.

So I have already mentioned that there will be some familiar faces from the Image Share appearing in the comic.  I have heard back from Ultrajet, and she's interested in having her character join the team.  Not only that, but she was kind enough to share some gameplay personality with me.  That rather lengthy bit of mail helped work out some more story details that I will include later on.  I promise that you won't be seeing a radically different version of UJ's "toon" than you have in her own screenshots.  Now if only we could come up with a name for her...;)

There are also a number of companions in my game that I have gathered off of the Nexus, and basically can't play without.  I'm sure some of you can relate to that.  During the initial work on the story when it was originally intended for a table-top RPG campaign, several of these companions played important parts in the main storyline, and had their own sub-plots as well.  I'm hoping to use these companions in the comic, so I thought it proper to get permission from the original authors in most cases.  Unfortunately, three of these modders haven't made appearances on the Nexus in months, in some cases longer.  I've sent out PMs and am awaiting replies.

One reply was almost immediate.  So, I can happily inform you that MDC519 has given his blessing on the usage of his three Fallout 3 mods in the project :D

There are still two more modders I need to contact, but I'll do that later on today, after I've had some sleep.  This constantly correcting my typing is making this take longer than needed ;)

3 comments:

  1. I have to say, I'm feeling almost... out of the loop, here.

    It makes me sound conceited, I know; but I've been wrapped up in my own mods - and the small circle of other modders that has brought me into contact with - that I don't recognize any of these names you're dropping; nor can I imagine what companions you're planning to include.

    How about a few Nexus links for those of us who keep our head buried in the sand most days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not only give my "blessing", but am anxious to see your wonderful sense of humor---as seen in numerous screenies to date-----applied in comic style. I'll be watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I really must learn to properly proof-read posts before posting them. Would prevent problems down the road...

    @Nos:
    I don't think you are conceited my friend. Due to the sheer number of people on the Nexus alone, one cannot be expected to be familiar with the names of members and mods that someone else is. We have our own worlds in a bigger universe.

    I do appologize for not having left road signs for people to trace the names and mods back to. I shall correct that soon.

    @Michael:

    I am happy that you are interested in this. It is nice to know of the enthusiasm and anticipation people have for this project. Makes my level of interest and enthusiasm rise. Concidering the hurdles I will encounter working on this, the support is most welcome!

    My sense of humour will make itself known during the course of the story, but given the fact it is set in the DC Wasteland, smiles and laughs might not be common occurances. Things may also get very dark, but we will have to see about that.

    ReplyDelete