Five Genres

Five Genres

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Story Evolution

Before posting the first episode of "The Phoenix Imperative", I outlined about a dozen different episodes, then began scripting them.  I'll be honest about the scripting part: I have only finished up to episode three.  Well episode four actually as I originally considered episode one to be a prelude or introduction strip and not technically an actual episode *shrugs*  Any way, "A Lone Wanderer" ended differently than originally planned, but kept the spirit of the script, and "A Lone Wonderer" was absolutely nothing like the script!  Nothing at all!  I did episode four entirely "on the fly".  Each screen developed in my head as I was doing the one before it, and the dialogue ideas worked out the same way.  I wonder if how many movie and TV scripts go through a similar process of evolution?

I completely surprised myself with how well it turned out, and was even more surprised by how well the Nexus community accepted it.  When last I checked, about an hour ago, episode four had gained 22 endoresments, some from people I rarely hear from!  Twenty-two is a personal best for my uploaded images, so I'm rather thrilled with that :)  Hopefully, future episodes will continue around a similar level of acceptance, maybe even break the 25 mark.

I have mentioned around here, on Nos's blog if I remember correctly, and over on the Nexus, that I was thinkng on releasing Cameron as a companion to at least the loyal readers, if not the community as a whole.  That sort of think is still undesided and might depend upon how well "The Phoenix Imperative" does in the next few months.  If I do release her, it would be easiest to do so as a RR Companion Vault character, since that is what the current companion version is built on.  Even that system would require me to make some additions, just to make Cameron more like Cameron in the story, and not a RR companion that happens to look like her.

I will post more musings on that topic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment